Who we are
RapidCommerce was founded in 2009 in Maastricht to provide in the growing demand for custom E-commerce solutions. A few years after the burst of the dotcom bubble E-Commerce started to rapidly gain in popularity in the Netherlands. Magento was one of the first Open Source frameworks to provide a mature solution. It started a "wild west" era in the web development industry. We were one of the first Dutch web development agencies to understand that such a dedicated Open Source webshop solution, combined with a mutli-channel approach was a key to success.
Our strategy is to combine Open Source technology in a properly streamlined development process. We understand like no other that projects do not end after the first delivery, so we invested a lot in monitoring and operations over the years. We stand out by developing products that improve upon the shortcomings of the Magento platform in the areas of performance, security, scalability and maintainability.
Over the years we have grown from a company of 4 fanatical entrepreneurs to an international team of 23 E-Commerce professionals based in 4 countries. Our tools of the trade are solutions that have proven themselves in the past, one of which is the Magento E-commerce platform. We've pioneered the multichannel approach for internet minded companies with our in-house developed back-office software and have proven ourselves both as a direct solution partner and as a reliable subcontractor in the SME and enterprise markets.
We are especially proud of our most recent implementation, where our platform handles a yearly turnover of 1.8 bilion euros over four (multi branded) channels (Retail / Telesales / Indirect / Webshops).
- We develop E-commerce related projects based on Open Source software.
- We are specialized specifically in the Magento platform.
- Our experienced and multidisciplinary teams allow us to complete projects within time and budget.
- We take care of the non-functional aspects of the software to deliver, with quality.
- Our experience in a range of sectors provides us with insights in the possibilities to optimally use Open Source software in your sector.
- Our portfolio stretches beyond just implementation related advise, we also specialize in infrastructure and system integration.
- We are happy to share the experience we have in channels like retail, telesales, eBay, Amazon and online.